History of Don's
Carl Joy set up a street car back in the 1940's and used it as a diner. Our bartender's mother washed dishes for him. The property was sold to Don's Shimkas and he started the name of the Steak House which is still the name listed on the light bill. In 1966 the business was purchased by Kenny Hutchison. Kenny had previously wanted to purchase a business in Somerset to start a small bar and grill but it was voted down by the town politicians. As we see now, it was to his best interest. In 1985, Jack Hutchison purchased the business from his father. With the rise and fall of manufacturing and population in Marion and the outlying areas of Grant County, Don's Tap continues to survive.